How do you tell time in Spanish examples?
The simplest formula is es/son + las + hour + number of minutes. For example, if you want to say that it’s 3:29, you’ll say son las tres veintinueve.
How do you say 7.30 in Spanish?
- Siete y treinta or siete y media de la noche.
- In other places where the difference of day light time is greater (Away from the equator), then:
- Siete y treinta or siete y media de la tarde When applies. (Winter, Fall, Spring, Summer)
- You can also say or write, 7:30 p.m.
How do you say about time in Spanish?
Here’s some more Spanish vocabulary about telling time:
- la hora — “hour”
- el minuto — “minute”
- el segundo — “second”
- el reloj — “clock”
- el horario — “schedule”
- la mañana — “morning” (Son las tres de la mañana. — “It is three in the morning.”)
- la tarde — “afternoon”
- la noche — “evening”/”night”
How do you say it is 2 45 in Spanish?
Son las tres menos cuarto. It’s two forty-five (2:45).
Is it El or La tiempo?
You should use “el tiempo”, because “beautiful” and “warm” are subjective (e.g. non-scientific) ways to describe the weather and they can respond to the subjective (non-scientific) question of “what’s the weather like?” = “¿qué tiempo hace?”, where the very “like” (in English) and “hace” in Spanish” allude to this …
How is o’clock expressed in Spanish?
00:00 h. Spanish doesn’t have perfect equivalents for “a.m.” and “p.m.” You can use de la mañana for am, de la tarde from noon until 6 p.m., and de la noche from 6 p.m. until midnight, but time is usually expressed on a 24-hour clock.
Telling time in Spanish.
|It’s one o’clock||Es la una||01:00 h.|
|It’s midnight||Es medianoche..||00:00 h.|
How do you answer what time is it in Spanish?
When responding to these questions, the typical answer is just to say the time. Using A las/la hora y minutos de la mañana/tarde/noche. ¿A qué hora te despiertas? A las siete y cuarto de la mañana – At 7:15 in the morning.
What are three ways you ask for the time in Spanish?
Plus, if you are asked what time is it?, you should know how to respond. In Spanish, there are two or three ways to ask for the time: people may say, “¿Qué hora es?” (What time is it?). If you are asking somebody you don’t know, then you would usually use Usted (formal you).
What is the difference between LA and Las?
Before feminine singular nouns → use la. Before feminine singular nouns starting with stressed a or ha → use el. Before masculine plural nouns → use los. Before feminine plural nouns → use las.
What does son las mean when telling time in Spanish?
2. votes. It means literally “They are the….” It doesn’t make much sense except that “las” is the article for “horas”, which is never said in telling times. “Son” is used because it agrees with the unstated subject “las horas”.
How do you use son las and Es la in Spanish?
Understand how to use the verb “ser” when telling time.
The two forms of ser are the plural form, son las (“they are”) and the singular form, es la (“it is”). Only use es la when the hour is one o’ clock. Use son las for all other times of day.